Want a switch from the traditional pork flavouring? Try this marinated roast with lemon and oregano.
Pork is so reasonably priced a the moment I had an 8 pound pork loin roast. I decided to cut it in half and make 2 different dishes. The other was this Easy Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork.
I was inspired by a recipe from Jo Cooks for Lemon Garlic Pork Loin. I just used fresh herbs instead of dry.
This roast marinates for at least an hour. I scored the fat cap and let it marinate about 6 hours. I was happy with the flavour and the level of moistness. I think you could easily let it go all day or overnight as well.
It was great because everything roasted in the oven and the flavours are all complementary without overlapping.
Try it when one of those crisp fall days in the offing arrives!
- 4 lbs boneless pork loin roast
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 2 Tbsps fresh oregano or 2 teaspoon dried
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black ground pepper
- Blend all marinade ingredients in a blender.
- Score the fat cap on the pork loin roast about every 2 inches (just barely score the pork meat). Place the loin in a sealable bag and pour the marinade over it. Seal and place in fridge fro 1 - 24 hours. Turn periodically to ensure the meat is evenly exposed to the marinade.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Transfer roast and marinade to an oven proof dish. Roast uncovered about 90 minutes.
- Remove roast and cover loosely with foil. Allow roast to rest about 15 minutes.
- Slice roast and drizzle with pan juices to serve.