These Grilled Chicken Quesadillas are perfect for a patio dinner – quick and easy!
I make these all the time. You can switch up the ingredients to suit your taste, you can prep them early in the day and have them ready to go. They reheat beautifully if you have any leftovers.
I like to heat them through on the grill in summer but you could do it in a frying pan indoors any time of the year.
I used Kirkland’s Chunk Chicken from the can. I have not used canned chicken before – okay- maybe once – but I had some in the pantry and I didn’t have any of my own cooked chicken to pull out. It worked out absolutely fine.
For the cheese Monterey Jack is the most Mexican-y but any soft cheese (like mozzarella) would work too.
For the condiment – I used La Costena’s Green Mexican Sauce from the bottle. You could also use any bottled salsa or chopped pickled jalapenos if you want to add some bite.
You can serve with sour cream and salsa on the side as well. Whatever condiments you would put with nachos would work here.
I wanted to round out our meal a bit so I halved an avocado, pitted it and fill the cavity with salsa. Then you can eat the avocado with a spoon and bits of the salsa. Guaranteed yummy!
If you want to add some variety to your meal check out these Beef and Black Bean Quesadillas as well.
- 12 oz cooked chicken (I used Kirkland's Chunk Chicken in the can)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup Green Mexican Sauce (I used La Costena)
- 8 8" flour tortillas
- salsa and sour cream for garnish, optional
- Mix chicken, cheese and green sauce in a bowl.
- Distribute mixture evenly over 4 tortillas. top with remaining 4 tortillas.
- Heat over medium grill about 4 minutes per side just until they are warm through and cheese is melted.