This easy strip loin steak marinade will make your steak moist and flavourful without overpowering the beef. You can actually use it on any cut of steak.
We have been having an unusually warm and sunny fall. So I was tempted to fire up the grill and extend the summer BBQ season.
This amount will marinate 4 good size steaks quite nicely. I put my steak and marinade in a zip lock bag so they all lie flat. I flip the bag a couple of time throughout the marinating time. It needs a couple of hours of marinating time for the flavours to seep in but the longer the better.
You can boil the excess marinade and serve it on the side if you like. I didn’t feel the need to add any more sauce. The steaks turned out with lots of juice and flavour. You can’t pick out any one flavour from this marinade but it adds a umami note and a hit of saltiness to the steak.
It was perfect served up with some mushrooms pan fried in butter and sweet potato fries.
Not convinced this is the one for you? Try this Pistachio, Black Olive Crusted Beef Steak.
Or try this Marinated Flank Steak Flavour Bomb.
Quick, simple, flavourful! This steak is crying out for a robust red wine to go with it… try a Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Merlot or Zinfandel!
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce use gluten free Tamari for gluten free
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsps honey
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 2 tsps ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp oinion powder
- 4 strip loin steaks 1 1/2" thick can substitute andy BBQ grade cut
- Place steaks in a zip lock bag or shallow container. Mix remaining ingredients and pour over the steak. Turn steak or container periodically to ensure all sides get covered with marinade.
- Marinade for at least a couple of hours but overnight is even better.
- Bring steaks to room temperature. Heat grill to medium high.
- Grill steaks about 6 minutes per side for medium. Shorten or lengthen cook time for rarer or well done.
- You can boil the remaining marinade and serve on the side if desired.