A few fresh ingredients and this bold sauce can enhance a steak or grilled veggies.
Summer is the perfect time to make Chimichurri since fresh herbs are a must here.
This classic Argentinian recipe goes perfectly with a steak. Those Argentinians like their meats!
But it would also be great with lamb or roasted vegetable. I think it would even be great with hot pasta - like an aglio olio with herbs!
I serve it over these Grilled Vegetable Skewers!
This is a bold sauce mostly due to the garlic quantity. The strength of garlic can vary greatly. When it is fresh in season it is much stronger than winter-stored garlic. As written, garlic is strong and the dominant flavour. If you are concerned about garlic reduce the amount of cloves by half or to taste.
- 1 cup fresh parsley washed and stems trimmed
- 2-4 cloves garlic (less if you are concerned about strong garlic) See Note1
- 2 Tbsps fresh cilantro washed and stems trimmed
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Puls all ingredients in a blender until finely chopped.
- Sauce will keep up to a week, sealed in the fridge.