Tea Time Raspberry butter is simple to make and adds a delightful touch to tea scones.
You are going to beat some room temperature butter and honey til its is fluffy and then incorporate some fresh raspberries or raspberry jam.
Of course you could do this with any flavour you like, peach, strawberry, blueberry etc.
I served it with these Tiny Tea Scones and it was delicious. Not too sweet with a nice fruity flavour. I also sampled it on the Devonshire Buns below... again - delicious!
I ended up blending the fruit and the butter in my Vitamix which took care of the seeds and incorporated the fruit in to the butter. It won't be completely smooth like butter if you are using fresh fruit.
Need some other ideas for Tea Time pastries? Check out:
Raspberry Butter on Tiny Tea Scones and Devonshire Buns
Wine Pairing for Raspberry Butter
I served a Crémant de Bourgogne with the first Tea course. It was light, dry and lively with a fruity profile. Any Sparkling or Flat Rosé would also go nicely here.
Tea Time Raspberry Butter
- 8 Tbsps butter room temperature
- 4 Tbsps honey
- 3 oz fresh raspberries or 2-3 Tbsps raspberry jam or jelly See Note 1
- Whip butter and honey until well mixed. Transfer mixture to a high speed blender, add raspberries and blend incorporated. If using fresh raspberries mixture will be slightly textured, not the consistency of butter.
- Refrigerate til ready to serve.
- Mixture will keep well a couple of days, sealed in the fridge. Raspberry butter can also be frozen and defrosted when ready to use.