Air Fryer Asparagus Fries with this garlicky dipping sauce make a great appetizer, snack or side!
They are so tasty you won’t even notice they are healthy or that you are getting a vegetables serving!
The Air Fryer is perfect for crisping up the breading but leaving the actual asparagus tender crisp!
My Air Fryer is a Pampered Chef so you may need to monitor your ‘fries’ and adjust for differences in your machine.
No Air Fryer? I have included oven instructions as well!
Air Fryer Asparagus Fries With Garlic Dipping Sauce
- air fryer
- Olive oil mister
- 1 lb asparagus medium thickness
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup panko
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
Garlic Dipping Sauce
- 1 recipe Garlic Dipping Sauce
- Wash asparagus and bend the stalks gently until the woody end breaks off. (You may need to trim the stalks to ensure they fit on your air fryer rack.)
- Organize 3 bags large enough to close over the asparagus. You will work in batches of about 3 spears at a time.
- Add flour to one bag, whisk the eggs and add them to the next bag. Combine panko and parmesan and add to the third bag.
- Asparagus should be moist to help the flour adhere. Shake about 3 spears of asparagus first in the flour. Using tongs, transfer spears to the bag with the egg and move the bag to coat. Transfer with tongs to the bag with the bread crumb mixture. Remove when fully coated and transfer to a platter in a single layer.
- Repeat until all asparagus stems have been coated. You can refrigerate if desired at this point, lightly covered upto 24 hours.
- Spray the Air Fryer racks lightly with olive oil. Preheat Air Fryer if necessary to 400°. Arrange the asparagus in a single layer on air fryer trays and spritz with olive oil. Bake 8-10 minutes, switching trays from top to bottom and flipping the asparagus spears so that all sides brown evenly. If one tray is less toasted than the other you may need to give it about 2 minutes in the top rack position to finish browning.
- For regular oven preheat to 425°. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. (Or line pan with parchment paper.) Lay out spear in a single layer. Spritz with olive oil. Bake 10-12 minutes, flipping the spears at mid point. Finish 'fries' should bel golden brown and crisp.
- Transfer with tongs to a serving platter. Serve with Garlic Dipping Sauce on the side.