Want a delicious and elegant dessert you can whip up in under 10 minutes? Well here it is – No Bake Strawberry Mascarpone Dessert Cup! You only need a knife and a spoon to make it!
No special tools required… you don’t even have to get you mixer out!
Fruit, liqueur, mascarpone, a hint of sugar and crushed biscuits…that’s it! And it is delicious. This according to my overnight guests who had it for breakfast the next morning! (Okay..so I forgot to serve it at dinner!)
You can make it a few hours ahead. It is so fast to do you could even slice the strawberries and let them macerate in the liqueur and then assemble just before serving if you want to keep the amaretti crunchy.
- Don’t assemble this more than 4 hours ahead or the cookie crumbs will get soggy. You can make the components the day ahead and assemble just before serving. Slice the fruit and macerate overnight. Combine the mascarpone mixture the day before and crush the biscuits and store overnight in an airtight container.
- This is so versatile-you can use any fruit in season and pick complementary liqueur and biscuits. For example use raspberries, amaretto liqueur and shortbread or amaretti biscuits. Or peaches and amaretto liqueur and biscuit of you choice. Banana, Bailey’s and chocolate wafers would also be good. Use your imagination and let your taste guide you.
You can make this fancy by serving in a fancy wineglass or dessert cup. Or..homestyle in small bowls.
Wouldn’t this make an awesome no fuss addition to a picnic or patio dinner? It is also perfect for Valentine’s Day because you can enjoy a special meal without beingstuck in the kitchen.
- 3 Cups strawberries Cleaned and vertically sliced
- 6 Tbsps Gran Marnier liqueur Divided 3 + 3
- 3 Tbsps sugar
- 8 oz mascarpone
- 3 Tbsps whipping cream
- 2 1/4 Cups Amaretti biscuits crushed About 4.5 oz
- Combine mascarpone, cream, 3 Tbsps Gran Marnier and 2 Tbsps sugar and stir til smooth.
- Combine strawberries, remaining Gran Marnier and sugar in a separate bowl. Allow to steep at least 30 minutes.
- Crush cookies roughly.
- Components can be made a day ahead and stored separately.
- To assemble, put 2 Tbsps amaretti crumbs in bottom of serving goblet, divide strawberries and juice evenly among glasses. top with mascarpone mixture evenly divided among glasses and top with remainingamaretti. Do not assemble more than 2 hours before serving.