These light and fluffy White Chocolate Snowball Cookies melt in your mouth.
They make an interesting addition to a cookie tray - somewhere between shortbread and chocolate chip cookies. Dust them with a bit of icing sugar and they just get better and better!
There aren't a lot of ingredients here so mixing this dough up goes pretty quickly. You want your butter at room temperature so it will whip to a light, fluffy texture. Sweetened condensed milk adds sweetness and makes for a soft crumb. Plain old all purpose flour and a bit of baking powder and you are good to here. Be sure to use mini chocolate chips so you don't get big blobs in your cookie. The kind of melt in and just add to the deliciousness.
I thought this recipe sounded sweet but it doesn't taste that sweet. I hesitated to sift the icing sugar over them so I tested one with and one without. The icing sugar definitely adds a nice touch and does not make them over the top sweet.
Be sure to let cookies fully cool before you dust them with the icing sugar or it will just melt in to the cookie.
White Chocolate Snowball Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tsps baking powder
- 1 cup mini white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 320° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter in a bowl until it is light and creamy - at least 3 minutes.
- Pour in the sweetened condensed milk and beat another 2 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the flour and baking powder. Beat until evenly mixed. Scrape down sides of bowl as required.
- Add the white chocolate chips and beat to mix. Batter will be stiff.
- Scoop a generous ball of batter (about 1 ½ - 2 Tbsps) on to the parchment paper. Leave at least 2" inches between the balls.
- Bake for 12 minutes. If using 2 baking sheets switch trays at mid point.
- Allow cookies to fully cool. Sift generously with icing sugar.
- Store cookies in an air tight container in a cool place for for 3 weeks or freeze up to 3 months.