A simple marinade makes this Bourbon Maple Shrimp a dish to remember!
I can tell you – this Bourbon Maple Marinade is going to show up a lot this summer at my house! No mincing, dicing, crushing etc. You just measure and stir!
It only takes bout 20 minutes to marinate the shrimp. You could use scallops too. There is no acid in the marinade so you could leave the seafood in a bit longer if you need to.
I am so excited about this marinade I am going to use it on Salmon for sure, Cubed chicken or pork tenderloin would also be good.
This recipe calls for wrapping the shrimp with prosciutto. Prosciutto give this dish even more flavour and makes it more salty. I have listed it as an optional ingredient because it is a divine dish without it as well. Especially if you want to use any size shrimp instead of jumbo.
I used Argentinian Red Shrimp to wrap and display but I supplemented the quantity with Argentinian Shrimp pieces I found at my local fish monger. I was happy with the combination. So use all jumbo if you like or a few jumbo per person and supplement with smaller sized shrimp.
Serve this with your favourite side since there is no ‘sauce’ needing to be soak up. Rice or even couscous work. Or you could serve it with fries as well.
- 4 – 8" skewers
- Air Fryer (Optional)
- 2 Tbsps bourbon
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce low sodium preferred See Note 1 below.
- 3 Tbsps maple syrup
- 2 tsps Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 24 jumbo shrimp See Note 2 below.
- 6 slices prosciutto See Note 3 below.
- Mix all marinade ingredients together and stir till well blended.
- Peel and devein shrimp if required. Leave tails on.
- Pour marinade over shrimp and refrigerate up to 20 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from marinade.
- Cut each prosciutto slice into 4 strips. Carefully wrap one strip around each shrimp. Discard marinade.
- Thread 6 shrimp on each skewer. Try to leave a little space between shrimp so air can circulate around them.
- In all cooking methods use your judgment -shrimp are done when they are uniformly opaque.To Broil: Preheat broiler. Coat a broiling pan with oil. Arrange skewers in one layer. Broil about 3 minutes per side or until shrimp are opaque.To Air Fry: Set Air Fryer to Air Fry setting. Preheat if required. Air Fry shrimp about 5 minutes, turning over and rearranging at half way point.Pan Fry: Cook shrimp over medium heat about 4 minutes per side.BBQ: Grill over medium heat about 3 minutes per side.