Now you can make awesome Atlantic Lobster Rolls – even if you’re land locked!
As it turns out some of the highest rated lobster rolls use claw and knuckle meat because it is softer and more tender than tail meat. Enter cooked, frozen Atlantic lobster claws available now in your local supermarket. (I get mine at Farm Boy). There is also shredded (very fine) lobster meat frozen in 10 oz cans.
I used one of each – the minced to add lobster volume to the salad and the claws for texture, taste and visual appeal.
Using both makes a salad the will easily feed 8 people generously and 10 nicely. If you want a smaller quantity stick with the claw meat only because the canned is so fine the texture will be weird without some chunks of claw.
This makes a large salad. Quantities are forgiving. You can use more or less of the celery, cucumber and corn to suit your taste.
Add a few drops of hot sauce if you like!
Wine Pairing for Atlantic Lobster Rolls
The perfect pairing here with lobster and salty chips would be a Sparkling wine! A light Prosecco would be wonderful but any Sparkling would work. Next choice would be a light white like a Muscadet Sevre et Maine or unoaked Chardonnay, an Italian Grillo or another dry white with a citrus profile.
A dry or off-dry Rosé would also be nice.
Atlantic Lobster Rolls
- 320 grams frozen cooked Lobster meat I used Sogel
- 100 grams Atlantic Lobster Claw Meat from 454 gram pkg
- 3 green onions sliced finely
- 2 celery stalks finely diced
- 3 Tbsps red pepper finely diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber seeded and finely diced
- 1 cup corn kernels I used grilled but frozen or canned is fine
- 1 cup corn mayonnaise See Note 1.
- 8 brioche hot dog buns
- 2 Tbsps butter room temperature
- potato chips optional
- Defrost lobster meat. Remove meat from claws. See Note 2. With a clean cloth, squeeze all excess liquid from the defrosted crab meat. The shredded Sogel meat will release a lot of liquid.
- Stir all ingredients together. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to allow flavours to meld.
- Trim ends and sides (if necessary) of Brioche buns to show soft white insides. If rolls are not already split, make a cut vertically down the center but be sure not to cut through the bottom. Butter the sides of the buns generously. Toast buns on a grill, under a broiler or in air fryer until they are golden brown on the buttered sides. ( A couple of minutes per side)
- Fill with Lobster salad. Serve with salty potato chips on the side.
- Leftovers Lobster salad with keep a day in the fridge.