Tangy Dijon coats this Air Fryer Salmon filet sealing in all that moistness. (Oven instructions included.)
If you start with a skinless, deboned salmon filet you just mix up the mustard maple sauce and slather it on both sides of the filet.
Oil your air fryer tray or line a a baking tray with parchment if you are using the regular oven. Bake and serve.
Quite a tasty meal if I do say so myself!
Wine Pairing for Dijon Air Fryer Salmon
Salmon is fairly rich and Dijon has character so the wine should go that route as well. A Sparkling would be an interesting choice. A Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc could work as well.
Red spectrum would lean toward a Pinot Noir here or Gamay.
Dijon Air Fryer Salmon
- air fryer (regular oven instructions included)
- 4 5 oz salmon filets skinless
- 3 Tbsps Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh preferrred
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup can substitute honey
- ¼ cup parsley minced
- Whisk all the ingredients except the salmon in a bowl until evenly mixed.
- Slather sauce evenly over both sides of the salmon.
- Oil air fryer tray. Arrange salmon on tray. Use a setting that will give you 375°. Air fry about 16 minutes if cooking one large filet. If cooking individual filets cook 10-12 minutes. Turn trays front to back at mid point of cooking.Cooking time will vary with size and thickness of the filet. Check after 12 minutes for large filet and 8 minutes for individual filets to avoid over-cooking. Check for 140° internal temperature of that salmon is opaque and flaky in the center.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Bake about 20 minutes. Check for internal temperature of 140° or that center is opaque and flaky in the center. Cooking time will vary with size and thickness of the filet. Check after 15 minutes to avoid over cooking.