This Orange Cranberry Pecan Loaf is perfect for the base of your Holiday Dressing!
I used it in this Orange Cranberry Pecan Dressing.
The recipe uses your bread machine so it only takes a few minutes to assemble the ingredients and then let your machine do the rest. My basic bread cycle takes 2 hours and 50 minutes from start to end.
So you need to be around but hands on time is very limited.
And... if you are using it for stuffing (or dressing) you can make ahead of time. You can go a few day ahead since bread for dressing is actually better a bit stale. Or you can go really early and freeze it.
I'll be honest- this loaf is not very pretty - although it is delicious! The cranberry sauce gives a greyish tinge which is not very appealing in the sandwich bread category.
Once it is cooked in the bird it just goes darker and it looks fine.
It makes a 1 pound loaf which will give you about 8 cups of ½" cubes. I made with these Cornish Hens With Orange Apricot Glaze for a smaller Thanksgiving gathering (thanks for nothing - Covid 19). So I only needed half the loaf. That amount was perfect for stuffing 4 Cornish Hens.
I have frozen the other half in anticipation of stuffing another bird in the next month or so!
Orange Cranberry Pecan Bread
- Bread Machine
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ cup cranberry sauce
- zest of 2 mandarin oranges
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 1 ½ teaspoon bread machine yeast
- Mix water, cranberry sauce and butter together.
- Mix flour, zest, salt and pecans together.
- Add ingredients in order recommended for your bread machine. Mine is liquid, then dry mixture, yeast sprinkled on top.
- Set bread machine to Basic 1 lb loaf setting.
- When finished and cool enough to handle remove bread from machine. Allow bread to cool completely.