This Orange Cranberry Pecan Dressing is loaded with rich, savoury flavour.
I used this Orange Cranberry Pecan loaf as the base for this dressing. If you don’t want to make the loaf then you could use that special bread that comes out a holiday time with the thyme seasoning. Or any rustic dense bread would work too. It just may be less rich.
The loaf makes about 8 cups of 1/2″ cubes. I only used half of it in this recipe. As written the dressing will nicely stuff 4 Cornish Hen or a large roasting chicken. I used this Cornish Hen with Orange Apricot Glaze recipe and the two together are divine
So you may want to double it if you are thinking of your holiday turkey!
- 4 cups Orange Cranberry Pecan Loaf in 1/2" cubes (Can substitute other dense, rustic bread- See Note 1)
- 1 small yellow onion diced finely
- 1/2 cup celery diced finely
- 2 Tbsps butter melted
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme or 1/2 Tbsp dried
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Mix all ingredients together. Stir to slightly moisten. Set aside until ready to stuff your poultry.
- When roasting stuffing in a bird dressing should reach 165° internal temperature.