I love this Cucumber Mango Salad because it is light and refreshing. It is wonderful for calorie reduced diets. It also has no salt so another healthy bonus!
[ultimate-recipe-jump text="Take Me to the Recipe!"]
Surprise! Another salad recipe with fruit in it! Am I consistent or what????
I use Mirin which is sweet Japanese cooking wine in the dressing. If you can't find Mirin you can use Rice Vinegar but you may want to increase the honey to sweeten it to taste.
This salad comes together in no time. Just the time it takes to julienne the cucumber, mango and red peppers. Doesn't get much easier than that!
It makes a great appetizer, side salad and would be perfect for a picnic too. There are no creamy dressings here to worry about in the summer heat.
I don't know how many times I have shared these recipes. I have made this salad in Canada and in Europe and everyone is delighted with the combination of cucumber and mango. You can make this a few hours ahead and mix the dressing in. It will still be good the following day but the cucumber will release water and the dressing will be diluted.
Cucumber Mango Salad
- 1 large English cucumber
- 1 large red mango
- ½ sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoon Mirin (sweet Japanese cooking wine)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Cut cucumber into thirds lengthwise. Julienne the cucumber, finely into uniform lengths.
- Julienne the sweet red pepper to the same length as cucumber (as closely as possible).
- Peel and julienne mango to the same length as cucumber and pepper.
- Combine dressing ingredients and shake well. Toss dressing with salad ingredients and refrigerate.