Chocolate and banana were made to go together I think, and this Chocolate Banana Bundt Cake is no exception!
Mashed bananas make this cake chewy and moist and then the chocolate throughout and over top just take it up a notch!
It is quick to make -it only takes a few minutes to stir the ingredients together and about 35 minutes bake time.
It is not overly sweet- the chocolate is punchy but the cake itself is not so much. I like cake that way... too sweet icing can be cloying.
It is perfect for a snack, dessert or even brunch.
If you like this you might also like one of these quick breads. Quick breads are called quick breads because you just mix the ingredients and bake them - no kneading, no rise time. They usually need about 50 minutes to bake because they tend to be dense.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsps baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups mashed banana about 3 large or 5 medium
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips divided 2 oz & 4 oz
- 8 tsps hot water
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10" bundt pan with cooking spray and lightly dust with flour.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Add 2 oz (about ⅓ cup) of chocolate chips and stir thoroughly.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Allow cake to cool completely before glazing.
- Add remaining 4oz (about ⅔ cup) chocolate chips to the 8 tsps hot water. Microwave on high about 30 seconds and stir til smooth. Drizzle melted chocolate over the top of cake allowing excess to drip down the outside.