This pizza combination is a cinch to make since you can use the ingredients with no advance cooking. It is especially good when tomatoes are in season but the ingredients are easy to find at any time of the year.
The timing assumes you have the dough already prepared either freshly prepared or thawed from your freezer. Get the recipe for Overnight No Knead Pizza Dough here.
My husband was raving about this pizza even though he thinks he doesn’t like artichoke hearts! I have a convert!
- 1 batch Overnight No Knead Pizza Dough divided in half to make 2 regular crust pizzas
- 1/2 cup basil pesto (I used Kirkland from Costco)
- 2 cups provolone shredded
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 340 ml marinated artichoke hearts finely chopped
- 24 black olives pitted and chopped
- fresh basil leaves slivered (optional)
- Preheat pizza stone or pan in oven at 410 degrees.
- Roll out each half of pizza dough into a 10-12" circle 1/4 to 1/2" thick.
- Brush each pizza base with 1/2 the basil pesto.
- Spread 1/2 of cheese evenly over each base. Leave 1/2 inch outer crust free of toppings.
- Spread 1/2 of the artichoke hearts evenly over each base.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes and olives evenly over each pizza base.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
- Bake pizzas approximately 20 minutes til crust is light gold colour. Monitor often since ovens can vary.