You can enjoy a classic roadhouse appetizer without guilt when you make Air Fried Pickles!
Deep fried dill pickles were once one of my guilty pleasures after a girl friend got me started on them. They became a May 24 roadhouse treat at the beach. I restricted myself to this guilty please once a year.
It’s been many years since we have done our May 24 beach weekend so it had been a while since I had my fried pickles.
So when I got my Pampered Chef Air Fryer it wasn’t long before I made a fun appetizer session with this Air Fried Blooming Onion and Air Fried Pickles!
You can choose your favourite dip. The Blooming Onion has a Spicy Dip recipe included and I like the Fried pickle chips with this Garlic Dipping Sauce.
Air Fried Pickles
- air fryer
- Olive oil mister
- 3 large dill pickles
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 5 Tbsps water can mix water and beer if desired
- 1/4 tsp salt divided 1/8 and 1/8 Tsp
- 2 Tbsps cornstarch
- 6 Tbsps panko
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Olive oil for spraying
- Cut the pickles in 1/2" rounds. Dry pickle chips with a paper towel.
- Spray the trays or basket of your air fryer.
- Combine flour, baking powder, water, 1/8 th tsp salt in a bowl. It should be a thick, pourable batter. Add another Tbsp of water if necessary to get the right consistency.
- Add cornstarch to a sealable bag. Add Panko, paprika, cayenne and remaining salt in a bowl.
- Toss the pickle chips in the cornstarch, then dip each pickle chip individually in the batter bowl and then the bread crumb bowl. Transfer each chip to the air fryer tray in a single layer. Work in batches if needed.
- Spray the top side of each chip. Air fry at 360 ° for 8 minutes. Switch tray positions and flip the chips at mid point. Spritz with olive oil after you turn the chips.
- Chips should be evenly toasty brown on both sides. Add a minute or 2 of air frying if necessary.
- Serve with your favourite dip.
Note: My Air fryer is a Pampered Chef one and I absolutely love it! I have not tried others but based on my research the Pampered Chef with its 2 tray and cube configuration is more versatile than others. You can actually do a 2-3 lb rotisserie chicken in it! it toasts, roasts, bakes, reheats, dehydrates besides air frying. No folks… this is not a sponsored post – I am just sharing my enthusiasm! If you are in Kitchener -Waterloo Ontario, Canada region you can check out Pampered Chef products here https://www.pamperedchef.ca/pws/karenlair or contact a local Pampered Chef rep at email@example.com.