This Roasted Acorn Squash with Sage Butter is a simple but tasty addition to any fall meal.
This is so simple – it only takes a couple of minutes to put together and then about an hour in the oven. I look at it about 40 minutes in and poke it with my fork so some of the butter kind of gets soaked into the squash.
The salt, pepper, butter and sage make their own little sauce as it bakes.
- 1 acorn squash
- 4 Tbsps butter
- 8 sage leaves
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cut squash in half horizontally.
- Scoop out the pulp and seeds from the cavities.
- Pierce the squash inside a few times with a fork.
- Add 2 Tbsps butter to each half of the squash.
- Chop 6 sage leaves and divide between the to squash halves. Add one full leaf to each half.
- Put the 2 squash halves in the baking pan cut side up. Roast about 40 minutes. Pierce the squash flesh a few more times with a fork to allow some of the butter to soak into the squash.
- Return to oven and bake another 20 minutes or so. Check periodically and remove from oven when the flesh is fork tender.
- Cut each half vertically in half to make 4 portions.
- Serve and enjoy.