These Quick Pickled Grapes make a refreshing savoury snack. Serve them with cheese, on charcuterie boards or just pop them in your mouth!
These are great any time of the year! Refreshing in summer, slimming for the New Year’s diet. They just pack a little flavour hit with each bite.
I put them on a platter with these Quick Pickled Apples, cheese and crackers.
Noshing doesn’t have to be naughty!
- 3 1/2 cups grapes red or black
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 1/2 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2-3 bay leaf
- Wash grapes thoroughly. Remove grapes from the stems and slice off the top of each grape. If grapes are large you can cut in half cross-wise.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir to dissolve sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 minute. Allow brine to cool 15 minutes.
- Pack the grapes in a 1 liter jar. Pour brine over, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with cheese and crackers or as a snack or condiment. Grapes will keep about 1 week.