These Puréed Parsnips are so easy to make. Parsnips don't get the love they deserve in my opinion!
Parsnips are a bit like cilantro I think - you either love 'em or you hate 'em! I had forgotten about them for a while til my friend gave me this Roasted Parsnip and Pear Soup.
Now I can't get enough of them.
Parsnips can taste sweet and kind of perfumey. If you are worried about the taste being too strong many people serve them half and half with carrots to tone them down a bit.
They are also delicious roasted alone or with other root vegetables!
I still have some in my fridge so that might be a recipe for another day!
This recipe is so simple it will make a really easy side vegetable.
Winter is the perfect time for parsnips. They get sweeter after they have had some frosts!
- 2 lbs parnsips peeled and slice into ¼" coins
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 4 Tbsps olive oil
- 4 Tbsps milk or cream divided 2 + 2
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Steam parsnips and garlic about 10 minutes til they are tender when pricked with a fork.
- Transfer to a food processor with oil and 2 Tbsps of cream. Purée in your food processor. Add the remaining 2 Tbsps of milk or cream only if your mixture is really stiff and you want to make it smoother.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to serving dish.