This zesty Pomegranate Salad is a totally refreshing side to otherwise heavy holiday meals. It uses pomegranate seeds and/or mandarin orange pieces both of which are readily available in the winter.
A friend of mine brought this to a pot luck and it was delicious! Several guests requested the recipe which is how this recipe has been passed among friends so often no one knows where it came from originally!
This makes a perfect accompaniment to the leftover Turkey Vol au Vent. It is also a nice tasty, tangy salad -a refreshing light meal.
When I had it it was only with the pomegranate seeds and it was delicious. How easy is a 2 ingredient salad? That tastes this good???
I added mandarin orange bits because they were sitting right there on the counter beside me and it felt kinda right.. nice touch but totally optional.
Check out this really easy way to extract fresh pomegranate seeds from that leathery skin with no muss, no fuss.
It is the garlic in the dressing and the raspberry vinegar that give the dressing the zest.
- 6 cups romaine lettuce cleaned and torn to bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 mandarin oranges finely chopped optional
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic finely minced
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Toss all salad ingredients in serving bowl.
- Mix all dressing ingredients well in a jar. Pour over salad and toss to mix well.