Peach Cobbler is a great way to enjoy fresh peaches or nectarines! The batter whips up in just a few minutes. It needs about an hour to bake so pop it in the oven while you are preparing the main meal and serve it warm!
Cobbler batter is a bit denser than a cake crumb. I like it drizzled with milk or cream to make it almost like a pudding.
You could basically make this with 2 cups of any fruit you want. I used peaches but nectarines would also be good. Nectarines and peaches are so sweet nowadays.... kinda like sweet corn just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter!
I think blueberries would be awesome in this as well.
If you want to get fancier you could also sprinkle some Skor crumbles or sliced almonds over the top before baking. I was fine with just the cinnamon though.
Of course, a side of ice cream would also do this justice!
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups peaches, peeled and sliced or sub nectarines or fruit of your choice
- 2 Tbsps sugar optional
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Melt butter in the bottom of a 9 or 10" oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle additional sugar, if using, over the fruit and allow fruit to sit while you make the batter.
- Combine the dry batter ingredients. Mix the milk and vanilla and add to the dry ingredients. Beat about 2 minutes till well mixed.
- Pour batter into the baking dish. Top with the fruit mixture. Do not stir- just spread fruit evenly around the dish leaving a inch or so of batter only around the edge. Sprinkle top evenly with cinnamon.
- Bake 60 minutes and inserted toothpick comes out clean.