These Parmesan Crisps are so easy to make but they really add a little something as a garnish!
You will want to grate your cheese from a block of either Parmesan or Gran Padano or Pecorino Romano. The store bought, already grated cheese won't work.
You will want to prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat to keep the crisps from sticking to the pan.
It only takes a few moments to grate the cheese and 3-5 minutes to bake.
I used them as garnish on these Zucchini Custards with Vinegar Pearls.
You can make these ahead and store them in an airtight container for a few days.
- ½ cup fresh finely grated parmesan or other dry, firm cheese
- fresh ground black pepper optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using the fine side of a box grater, grate the cheese.
- Using a Tablespoon, make a mound of grated cheese on the parchment, leaving a inch or more between each mound.
- Sprinkle the mound with fresh ground black pepper if desired.
- Bake 3-5 minutes until cheese has melted and starts to crisp and turn golden colour.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool and serve or store in an air tight container for a few days.