This Paprika Syrup makes an interesting garnish to cold soups, seafood or pretty much anything you would like to add a bit of a flavour hit.
Simple to make and easy to store. You can whip this up and keep a bit on hand as a condiment. I would say you can keep it in the fridge for a week easily. (Probably more but I don't know how to tell for how long!)
I used it in this Cucumber Gazpacho and it adds just a nice touch of interest.
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika I use sweet Hungarian
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- Put all ingredients in a sauce pan and cook about 4 minutes. Mixture should just be starting to thicken a bit.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool and drizzle as a condiment.
- You can refrigerate and store up to a week.