Six ingredients and 20 minutes to pull these gluten free No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars together.
They are perfect for summertime because you don’t have to heat up the oven but you could make these anytime of the year. A few minutes stove top and you are good to go!
They need a couple of hours to rest in the fridge before eating but nothing could be simpler than these tasty chocolate oat treats.
I was always a fan of Reese’s Peanut Butter cups and these might even be better. The oats adds texture and cuts the sweetness a bit. So – yes- I think I like these even better.
I added them to my Christmas cookie tray this past year. The chocolate and peanut butter add variety to the traditional shortbread, thumbprint and crescent cookies.
These squares store well in an air tight container in a cool place. I have not tried to freeze them but I don’t see why they wouldn’t freeze well.
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips or other semi sweet baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Spray a 9 X 9" pan.
- Add chocolate chips and peanut butter to a microwave safe bowl.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat on stove. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla. Stir well and add in oats. Cook 2-3 minutes stirring a couple of times. Mixture should be evenly mixed.
- Melt chocolate 1 minute at a time on medium heat in microwave. Stir after each minute. Stop as soon as chocolate is melted and evenly mixed with peanut butter.
- Press half of oat mixture into bottom of the pan. Spread chocolate mixture over the bottom crust. Even it out with the back of a spoon or spatula. Add the remaining oat mixture over the chocolate layer and gently spread evenly.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight. Bring to room temperature to cut into squares.
- Store in air tight container in fridge. Keeps well for a couple of weeks.