This Bombay Pasta Salad is my take on that creamy shell pasta salad at the deli counter with raisins and a hint of curry.
I love that salad. You can use any pasta shape you like but pick an interesting one so there are grooves and crannies to trap some of the dressing.
I like to serve this with this Chinese Duck Salad as a cold lunch or supper menu.
Part of the reason they are a good match is because the same julienned vegetables go well with both the duck and the pasta salads.
Both the Bombay Pasta Salad and the Chinese Duck Salad are great make ahead dishes. The both hold well in the fridge for a day or two.
- 8 oz pasta shells or rounds about 4 cups cooked
- 1 cup raisins
- 4 Tbsps mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cream or sour cream
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- optional garnishes-red pepper, celery, carrot finely diced or julienned
- Mix the mayonnaise, cream, curry and salt. Add the raisins to the dressing and allow them to soften while pasta cooks.
- Cook pasta according to manufacturer instructions. Drain and rinse when done.
- Mix pasta and dressing together and allow flavours to meld for about ½ hour.
- Add garnishes if using and serve.