Another cooking convenience – Air Fryer White Rice takes only a few minutes to prepare and then you can let it go!
No pots boiling over because you didn’t catch it on the stove top. No boiling dry. I don’t think I will ever cook rice on the stove top again.
I have been using the oven for years with the Perfect Rice Every Time recipe because it was the only way I didn’t end up with a sticky, clumpy mess.
Enter the Air Fryer! A few minutes to prepare and then you can forget it till it is time to fluff it up.
There are a few flavour boosters in this recipe. I love this rice on its own and it sure smells good right out of the oven!
This rice is slightly chewy because of the oil and butter. Lots of flavour here! If you want you can add a diced onion to the mix before you bake it!
- air fryer
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Rinse the rice kernels in a sieve several times.
- Heat the water, butter, oil, bouillon cube and salt in the microwave for about 5 minutes. Stir to dissolve the bouillon cube.
- Add rice to a casserole, cover with water mixture.
- Cover and cook at 330° for 35 minutes.
- Check that water has been absorbed. Allow to sit 10 minutes, fluff with a fork to separate kernels and serve.
Note: My Air fryer is a Pampered Chef one and I absolutely love it! I have not tried others but based on my research the Pampered Chef with its 2 tray and cube configuration is more versatile than others. You can actually do a 2-3 lb rotisserie chicken in it! It toasts, roasts, bakes, reheats, dehydrates besides air frying. No folks… this is not a sponsored post – I am just sharing my enthusiasm! If you are in Kitchener -Waterloo Ontario, Canada region you can check out Pampered Chef products here https://www.pamperedchef.ca/pws/karenlair or contact a local Pampered Chef rep at email@example.com.