This Super Simple Stir Fry takes only minutes to make and can really up the veggie quotient in your meal. This is your recipe if you want something simple to accompany a meal where the other dishes had bold flavours of their own.
[ultimate-recipe-jump text="Take Me to the Recipe!"]
I used broccoli, celery and red pepper because I wanted the red and green colours and the crispiness of the celery. You can use whatever you might like to add carrots, onions, snow peas, water chestnuts.
You can get creative if you want more flavour. Add a teaspoon of soy sauce, oyster sauce or a splash of any commercial stir fry sauce.
I stir fried them quickly in just some hot toasted sesame oil. A hint of Asian but very subtle.
Good For You!
This recipe is perfect if you are serving other Asian or Oriental dishes, that may have high fat contents or breading.
With 1 Tablespoon of oil and ¼ cup of almonds in the entire dish that is about 6.3 grams per serving.
There is also no sodium added as the recipe is written. Another bonus if you have salty fish sauce or soy sauce in other dishes.
You could switch out the almonds for crispy water chestnuts and reduce the fat per serving to 3.3 grams without sacrificing the crunch.
Super Simple Stir Fry
- 1 head broccoli peeled and cut into stalks
- 4 celery stalks trimmed and cut coarsley on the diagonal
- 1 red pepper cored and cut into strips
- ¼ cup raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok over medium high/high heat. (Use the highest heat your cookware will stand). When oil is hot, mix in vegetables and toss to coat them with the oil. Toss every minute or so to keep them from burning. When vegetables are crispy/tender transfer to serving dish (about 4-5 minutes).