No machine required! This Super Easy Ice Cream recipe uses only 4 ingredients and makes the creamiest, smoothest ice cream I have ever had. I made Black Cherry to start but the variations are endless!
Sooo….. I have to admit I kinda got carried away. I was making 3 D Easter Bunny and Lamb cakes. The molds were so cute I was looking for ways to expand the menagerie! This frozen dessert goes perfectly with those yummy cakes!
Of course you can make the cakes in normal pans and the ice cream in normal containers any time of the year.
This dessert is so easy I made it 3 times to vary the fillings. You can use your imagination here for any flavouring! I used frozen black cherries from Costco the first time and it was delicious!
The next time I used frozen blueberries and chocolate chips. Then I made Butter Pecan by toasting 1/2 cup of pecan pieces in a sauce pan with 2 Tbsps of unsalted butter, 2 Tbsps brown sugar and a pinch of sea salt.
Next time I am going to beat in a bit of cinnamon and vanilla flavouring to make Cinnamon Ice Cream. Think of that beside a piece of warm apple pie!
I think it would also be awesome with some of your favourite chocolate bar crumbled into it… think Coffee Crisp! Skor Bars! Kit Kat! Crispy Crunch!
If you are using a rectangular pan, line it with saran wrap before you pour the yogurt mixture in. That way you can turn it out onto a plate and let it stand at room temperature 15-20 minutes before serving. I was also able to retrieve my pan by removing the dessert once frozen, wrapping it tightly and sealing in a Zip Lock bag to store in the freezer.
Like I said… I made a few of these and there are more in my future I know it! This is so good you can serve it on its own. Can dessert get any easier than this??
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups fruit or nuts, candy of your choice
- Line a loaf pan or any container that will hold about 4 1/2 cups with plastic wrap. Leave enough excess so you will be able to fold over the top of the mixture to seal it.
- Roughly chop fruit, nuts or candies that you are using for flavouring.
- Mix whipping cream and sugar in a medium bowl. Whip cream to soft peak stage. Add yogurt and beat to mix. Add fruit and/or candy and nuts. Stir to distribute evenly.
- Pour mixture into your container. Seal with the plastic wrap. Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve remove frozen mixture from pan. Remove plastic wrap and turn onto a serving plate. Allow to stand 15-10 minutes at room temperate to be able to slice into serving pieces.