Everybody loves a good crumble and this Oaty Fruit Crumble will hit the spot!
What a great, easy way to enjoy any fruits that are in season!
Crumbles are great when fresh fruits are in season but they are also a great way to enjoy fruits in the winter as well.
Apples, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries are regularly available fresh in our grocery stores in winter but they are also easily found in the frozen aisle. You can also play with the types of fruit or quantities of individual fruit – just go for 6 cups of fruit.
Use unsalted butter to maintain the sweetness of the crunchy topping. The oats and the cooking time make this topping quite pleasantly crunchy, more so than many.
The topping here is very crumbly, toasty and sweet.
Serve this warm on its own or with a side of ice cream to complete your meal!
- 3 cups apples peeled, cored and cut into thick slices
- 1 cup raspberries rinsed and picked over
- 1 cup blackberries rinsed and picked over
- 1 cup blueberries rinsed and picked over
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter cut into small grape size pieces
- Spray a 9 X 9" baking pan. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix the flour, sugar and cinnamon. Toss with fruit to coat.
- Spread fruit in bottom of baking pan.
- Mix the flour, oats, sugars and salt. Sprinkle evenly over the fruit. Scatter the butter evenly over the oat mixture.
- Bake 60 minutes until fruit is soft and top is crisp.
- Best served warm. You can serve with ice cream or whip cream if desired.