This Classic Cole Slaw reminds me of the slaw you get on the side with Fish and Chips or ribs. Not fancy but oh so good!
It makes a lot of salad. It is still pretty good the next day - it just gets a bit more watery, so use a slotted spoon or drain off any excess liquid on leftover days.
Use your food processor or a mandolin to shred the cabbage and carrots. Dice the onion fairly finely.
Be careful if using a food processor not to over process the cabbage.
If you want to make this really easy buy enough pre-shredded cole slaw packages to make up about 9 cups of cabbage. You can choose to add more carrot to the mix if you like.
- 6 cups shredded green cabbage about 1 small head
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 4 small shreddedcarrots
- ½ cup sweet onion, chopped
- ⅔ cups light mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Mix cabbage, onion and carrots in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, vinegar and spices in a small bowl.
- Combine dressing and cabbage and stir till evenly coated.
- Chill in the fridge at least ½ hour before serving.