Between the cauliflower and the air fryer these tasty Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings are pretty much guilt free!
My friend served these this summer and they were gone so fast! Perhaps because they can be gluten free, healthy and very tasty! She started with a recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie and I adapted it further for the air fryer.
The recipe as written uses a basic garlic seasoning and is perfect for dipping in the sauce of your choice. Buffalo Sauce, Ranch, French Onion etc.
I happened to flavour my dip with Pampered Chef Everything But The Pizza Seasoning. And I am a fan!
If you want to be really good and healthy you could also use a light salad dressing like Ranch, Blue Cheese (yum!) or Caesar. Add a bit of light mayonnaise if you want a bit more body to the dip.
You can make these several hours ahead if you like. You just have to be able to lay them flat in a single layer in the fridge. You may have to use a baking sheet to accommodate them all. And – bonus! You can make them several hours ahead if you like and air fry just before serving.
They cook up quickly in the air fryer 15-20 minutes depending on the size of your florets.
I find that refrigerating breaded foods actually makes the breading a bit sturdier so -optional but kind of a win there too!
- air fryer
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 Tbsps flour use almond meal for gluten free
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or seasoning of your choice (Ranch, Onion powder, seasoning salt)
- 5 Tbsps milk
- 3/4 cup fine bread crumbs
- olive oil for misting
- Dipping sauce of choice See Note 1.
- Cut the core out of the cauliflower head and break the florets off. If florets are particulary large you may halve it,
- Toss florets in a bowl with vegetable oil.
- Mix garlic powder and flour in a large ziploc bag. Toss cauliflower florets to coat.
- Add the milk and then breadcrumbs and toss to coat the cauliflower.
- If you are making ahead you can refrigerate florets in a single layer for a few hours.
- Lay cauliflower on the air fryer trays in a single layer. You may have to work in batches. Lightly mist the florets.
- Air Fry 15-20 minutes. Turn florets with tongs at mid point and switch trays top to bottom if using mulitple trays. Repeat if working in batches.
- Serve with Dipping Sauce of choice. See Note 1.