Wow... this 3 Ingredient Yogurt Cake is simple, sturdy and healthy. Can you ask for anything more??
The texture of this cake is a little stiffer and denser than cheesecake and it is not as sweet. But - that is why you can dress it up and serve it for dessert or ... wait for it.... BREAKFAST!
It gets stiffer and denser with time so if you are serving it for dessert make it same day, refrigerate for an hour or more and then dust it with icing sugar and garnish with fresh fruit and/or whipped cream.
I thoroughly enjoyed the leftovers with a splash or 10% cream and fresh fruit!
3 Ingredient Yogurt Cake
- Parchment paper
- springform pan optional but recommended
- 1 ¾ cups sweetened vanilla yogurt approx 400 grams See Notes
- 4 eggs
- 5 Tbsps corn starch approx 40 grams
- icing sugar for dusting
- whipped cream garnish
- fresh fruit
- Preheat oven to 340° F. (340°-not a typo). Spray the inside of a 7" springform pan or round baking dish with cooking spray. Tear off a piece of parchment paper big enough to go up the sides of the pan and clear a couple of inches above the rim. Press it onn to the bottom and in to the edges as best you can. It will be wrinkled but will give a rustic appearance to your finished cake.
- Pour yogurt in to a bowl. If you are adding honey whisk it in now. Whisk eggs in one at a time until they are thoroughly mixed in. Sift cornstarch in to batter whisking the entire time.
- When batter is smooth and fully mixed pour it in to the prepared pan. Bake approximately 50 minutes until cake is browned and wrinkled on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool aoubt 30 minutes. Gentley remove the cake from the pan and remove the parchment paper. Transfer cake to a plate and refrigerate at least one hour. Remove from fridge about 20 minutes before serving. It is creamier and tastier at room temperature.
- Serve garnished with icing sugar, whipped cream and/or fresh fruit as desired.
- Leftover keep well in the fridge but the cake gets stiffer and less light as time goes on.
- You can use any type of yogurt. low fat, regular or Greek. If you use unsweetened yogurt then add 2-3 Tbps of honey to the yogurt and mix in well.
- If you plan on serving as dessert you can consider adding a teaspoon of vanilla extract or other extract flavouring such a maple or coconut.
- Garnish with whipped cream, fruit etc as desired.
- Allow cake to come to room temperature before serving for best flavour.