Summer dessert doesn’t get any easier than this Spiced Rum Grilled Pineapple!
When you are barbequing on the patio you can have a decadent but healthy dessert in just a few moments to top off your meal.
Full of flavour, healthy and easy… how good is that? And you can prep it all hours or the day before so it is ready to go!
You will want fresh pineapple for this so the spears are sturdy enough to grill without breaking up.
I used one of those grill mats so the spears wouldn’t get wedged down between the BBQ bars.
All you do is mix up the spiced rum, brown sugar and cinnamon. Peel and core the pineapple and cut it into sturdy spears.
When you are ready to serve, grill the pineapple spears over a medium grill till they are warmed through and showing some grill marks. Turn them once during the cooking. Baste them with the rum sauce as you are grilling them.
You can pour extra sauce over them but you don’t need to. Spiced Rum Grilled Pineapple and sauce would also make a GREAT topping for vanilla ice cream. In that case I would warm the rum sauce in the microwave before pouring over the ice cream. Gonna try that next!!
Don’t have Spiced Rum? Try this other delicious Grilled Pineapple with Tequila Cream
I served this after we had BBQ’d these Grilled Chicken Quesadillas on the patio as well. Add a salad and you have a perfect menu for a heat wave!
- 1 fresh pineapple peeled and core and cut into spears
- 1/4 cup spiced rum can substitute tequila
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Prepare pineapple and store spears in the fridge til ready to grill.
- Mix the rum, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon and store separately.
- Place spears on a BBQ mat and grill over medium heat about 3 minutes each side. Brush sauce over spears generously as they grill. You can pass any leftover sauce separately.
- If you plan to serve over ice cream you may want to double the sauce.