This Lemon Oregano Pork Tenderloin is a great BBQ meat, especially when fresh herbs are in season.
[ultimate-recipe-jump text=”Take Me to the Recipe!”]
The herbed lemon marinade is subtle but has a nice flavour. It is a nice complement to the mint in the Potato Salad.
You can get creative here with whatever herbs you have on hand. Lemon goes well with dill, or tarragon. In the fall you could go with lemon and sage.
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano or 1 1/2 tsps fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme or 1 1/2 tsps fresh thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary minced
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins about 2-3 lbs
- Mix marinade ingredients and pour into a zip lock bag or shallow container with the ternderloins. Marinate 1 hour to 24 hours.
- Heat oven or BBQ to about 400%.
- Transfer tenderloins to grill or shallow oven proof pan. Reserve remaining marinade. Cook tenderloins for about 10 minutes turn the tenderloins and brush on some of the excess marinade. Reserve the remaining marinade.
- Cook tenderloin another 10 minutes. Remove from grill or oven and cover loosely with foil. Allow tenderloins to rest about 5 minutes. While pork is resting pour remaining marinade into a small cup and heat on high in microwave about 1 minute. Pour heated reserved marinade over tenderloins, cut and serve.