Argentinian Grilled Shrimp Tacos will be the best shrimp tacos you have ever had!
This Salmon and Shrimp Sandwich Cake is the star of my summer entertaining so far! It is light tasting and delicious and certainly makes an impression at the table! Continue reading “Salmon and Shrimp Sandwich Cake”
This Seafood Pasta Salad uses cold Atlantic shrimp and crab meat for a delicious summer supper. Fresh garden peas are also a great addition. Continue reading “Seafood Pasta Salad”
This Smokin’ Spanish Shrimp makes for one garlicky, smokey shrimp dish. You will want lots of bread to daub up any remaining sauce! Continue reading “Smokin’ Spanish Shrimp”
I have a new favourite canapé! Firecracker Shrimp on a sesame puff pastry base – so easy to make but your guests will never guess! Continue reading “Firecracker Shrimp Canapés”
This amazing Lobster Seafood Chowder tastes like the sea-side! It makes a meal on its own with a buttered roll. You can make it stove top or in your slow cooker. The lobster and the sherry make it elegant enough to serve as a casual holiday meal.
This is a great pasta salad that takes advantage of all the fresh herbs available in summer. The seafood makes it a bit lighter and the lemon top notes makes it nice and fresh tasting.
- 12 oz penne pasta or other curly shape that will hold the dressing
- salt for pasta water
- 1/4 tsp saffron threads
- 6+1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (divided)
- 3+1 Tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup green onions in thin slices
- 3 Tbsps drained capers
- 2 Tbsps fresh tarragon minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill minced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 lb cooked, cleaned medium shrimp
- 1 cup celery finely diced
- 1/2 lb lump crab meat drained
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- additional lemon wedges for serving
- Cook pasta according to pasta instructions. Drain pasta and reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid. Toss drained pasta in a bowl with 1 Tbsp each olive oil and lemon juice. Let pasta stand at room temperature until cool. Stir once in a while to prevent sticking.
- Sprinkle the saffron threads over 3 Tbsps of the reserved cooking liquid. Let it stand at room temperature 5 minutes.
- Combine mayonnaise, onions, capers, tarragon, dill, sugar, remaining lemon juice and olive oil with the saffron liquid. Whisk till well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix dressing into the pasta. Add the shrimp and the celery. If the mix is dry add more of the reserved cooking water. Stir in crab meat and toss gently.
- Refrigerate at least one hour. Serve with additional lemon wedges.