This Seafood Pasta Salad uses cold Atlantic shrimp and crab meat for a delicious summer supper. Fresh garden peas are also a great addition. Continue reading “Seafood Pasta Salad”
This is a great pasta salad that takes advantage of all the fresh herbs available in summer. The seafood makes it a bit lighter and the lemon top notes makes it nice and fresh tasting.
- 12 oz penne pasta or other curly shape that will hold the dressing
- salt for pasta water
- 1/4 tsp saffron threads
- 6+1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (divided)
- 3+1 Tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup green onions in thin slices
- 3 Tbsps drained capers
- 2 Tbsps fresh tarragon minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill minced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 lb cooked, cleaned medium shrimp
- 1 cup celery finely diced
- 1/2 lb lump crab meat drained
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- additional lemon wedges for serving
- Cook pasta according to pasta instructions. Drain pasta and reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid. Toss drained pasta in a bowl with 1 Tbsp each olive oil and lemon juice. Let pasta stand at room temperature until cool. Stir once in a while to prevent sticking.
- Sprinkle the saffron threads over 3 Tbsps of the reserved cooking liquid. Let it stand at room temperature 5 minutes.
- Combine mayonnaise, onions, capers, tarragon, dill, sugar, remaining lemon juice and olive oil with the saffron liquid. Whisk till well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix dressing into the pasta. Add the shrimp and the celery. If the mix is dry add more of the reserved cooking water. Stir in crab meat and toss gently.
- Refrigerate at least one hour. Serve with additional lemon wedges.