Double Cranberry Steak Sauce
Servings 2 cups
- 2 Tbsps vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup shallots minced
- 3 Tbsps dried cranberries rough chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- pinch of cinnamon optional (but consider if serving with poultry)
- pan juices from broiled steaks or other roasts (2-3 Tbsps)
Heat vegetable oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add shallots and cook about 3 minutes til soft. Add the dried and fresh cranberries and the wine.
Bring to a boil and simmer until the cranberries have burst and the mixture is reduced by about half. This took about 30 minutes for my sauce. A larger surface skillet will take less time.
When reduced remove from heat and add the maple syrup and spices. Add up to a 2-3 Tbsps of the pan juices from your roast and simmer until it is evenly mixed.
Serve on the side of your steaks or roasted meat.
Calories: 15.3kcal | Carbohydrates: 1.4g | Fat: 0.5g | Saturated Fat: 0.06g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.21g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.16g | Sodium: 11mg | Potassium: 12mg | Fiber: 0.09g | Sugar: 0.84g