Chicken 'n Lime Wild Rice Soup
Servings 14 cups
- 1 small onion diced finely
- 1 leek white and light green part only, diced finely
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups cooked chicken finely diced
- 1 cup carrots finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms finely chopped (about 4 oz fresh)
- 1/4 cup wild rice
- 3/4 cup long grain rice (not instant)
- 9 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 limes quartered
In a large dutch oven saute onion and leeks in the vegetable oil till translucent- about 5 minutes. Add the carrots and mushrooms and cook another 4 minutes or so.
Rinse the long grain rice with cold water til the water runs clear. Add the wild rice and the long grain rice to the pot and stir to coat.
Add the broth, salt and pepper and chicken.
Bring to a simmer and simmer about 20 minutes. You can simmer longer over very low heat. Taste and adjust seasoning to taste.
Ladle into soup bowls and squeeze the juice of a quarter on top.
Calories: 65kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Trans Fat: 0.004g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 426mg | Potassium: 102mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g