This Rhubarb Ketchup is rather savoury compared to the all tomato, store bought kind. Continue reading “Rhubarb Ketchup”
These Tequila Ribs one of my favourite rib recipes. There is just something about the essence of tequila going on here that goes so well with grilled corn and slaw!
I keep prodding myself to experiment with new recipes and not to get ‘set in my ways’ but honestly…when you have found the perfect recipe for your tastes why mess around with it????
Having said that if Tequila Ribs are not your thing you may enjoy these Bar-B-Barn Copy Cat Ribs!
- 2 racks pork back ribs about 3-4 lbs
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 Tbsps lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp Tequila
- Remove the silver backing from the lean side of the rib racks. Be sure to use a non-serrated knife. Tip -if you can get a good start, usually on the narrow end of the rack, once you can get a finger grip on it you can often pull it off in one long piece.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the racks and cut into 2-3 rib portions.
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a bowl and microwave 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Pressure Cooker Method
- Pour 2 cups of ginger ale in pressure cooker.
- Follow directions for your pressure cooker and fully cook the ribs. For mine it is 35 minutes on high.
- Release pressure according to you pressure cooker instructions and remove ribs. Pour hot sauce over the hot ribs and allow them to soak in the sauce until ready to finish on the BBQ. (Can be a few hours to 2 days). You can also freeze the cooled ribs a this point for future.
- When ready to serve heat BBQ and set to medium. Distribute ribs over the grill and allow to heat through, turning and moving so they don't burn. Serve once heated and sauce has caramelized,crisped a bit.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place raw ribs in roasting pan and cover with foil.
- Bake 60 minutes. Turn ribs over and pour sauce over them. Bake uncovered for another 30 minutes.