Pumpkin seeds are so good for you. This is a really tasty way to have a healthy and addictive snack!
I first had these served with Champagne. Champagne is supposed to go with everything. You often see it suggested to serve chips with Champagne (okay – sparkling wine!). And oddly the saltiness makes a nice contrast to the bubbly.
I think these spicy little treats will go with anything though! There is a bit of salt in them but not much.
- cooking spray
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds (raw)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg white whipped til foamy
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp cayenne (I used 1/4, next time I will use 1/2 because it was not noticeably piquant.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a cooking sheet large enough to hold the seeds in 1 layer.
- Whip the egg white til foamy.
- Mix the sugar and dry spices together and mix them into the pumpkin seeds.
- Add the egg white and stir well so seeds are evenly coated.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Break the seeds apart while they are still warm.