Dessert doesn’t get any easier than this Lemon Custard Pudding.
I was making these Bread Machine Sweetened Condensed Milk Dinner Rolls and I had sweetened condensed milk left over that I wanted to use up.
A quick fridge inventory turned up half a block of cream cheese and I knew I had commercial Lemon Curd in the cupboard and frozen tart shells in the freezer.
So I whipped up this lemon custard filling. I baked the tart shells I had -about 8 mini tartlets. I had lemon custard left over so I just poured it into individual pudding cups.
This custard is very versatile- you can use whatever jam of jelly you have on hand for flavouring. You can top it with some fresh fruit – or not….
Quick, easy, tasty. You can make it ahead and store for a few days in the fridge.
If you have sweetened condensed milk left over consider making the Bread Machine Sweetened Condensed Milk Dinner Rolls.
Easy Lemon Custard Pudding
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 7 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup prepared lemon curd can substitute any thick jam or jelly you like
- 6 tart shells optional
- fresh fruit for garnish optional
Tart Shells (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake frozen tart shells 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and all shells to cool.
- Beat cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in a bowl. When well mixed add preserves and beat until evenly mixed.
- Pour Custard into tart shells or pudding cups. Top with fresh fruit of your choice.