These Beef Black Bean Quesadillas are a perfect addition to a Mexican dinner. I make them on the BBQ in summer and a fry pan in winter.
I just take a pound of ground beef, a taco or fajita seasoning packet and some grated Cheddar. For these I used this these Creamy Black Beans but you can substitute canned refried beans if you want to keep it really easy.
You can fry up the beef, shred the cheese and spread the beans to assemble the in advance. Then it only takes moments on the grill or in the pan to heat through and get that cheese nice and melted!
I serve jalapeños, salsa and sour cream on the side. That way each person can control the amount of heat involved!
So… next time you want a super easy patio supper think about grilling your quesadillas. You might also be interested in these Grilled Chicken Quesadillas.
- 10 7" tortillas
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 oz packet taco or fajita seasoning
- 10 oz cheddar cheese or Tex Mex variation
- 1 1/2 cups Creamy Black Beans or substitute canned refried beans
- Prepare grill and turn to medium heat.
- Brown beef over medium high heat, breaking up any chunks so beef is uniform. Add seasoning during last 3 minutes or so. Allow to cool enough to handle.
- Spread black bean spread on one side of a 7" tortilla. Spread 1/5 ground beef evenly over the bean spread. Top with 1/5 of the shredded cheese. Top with another tortilla. Repeat 4 times with remaining ingredients. Transfer quesadillas to large platter so they lie fairly flat.
- Transfer quesadillas to grill with sturdy spatula. Allow to crisp on one side - about 3 minutes. Flip and crisp on other sided-another 3 minutes or so. Filling should be warm and cheese melted.
- Remove to a platter and serve with salsa, sour cream and/or jalapeno peppers.